So, today was all about doctors offices - which is lame and very boring. No really. Boring and lame. promise. Let's talk about something fun instead.
LETS TALK ABOUT MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE AS SUPERHEROES? SOUND GOOD? OKAY!
I have three totally worked out. Completely and totally.
Frank Iero - super speed and strength
- Fucker's got crazy energy right? Tears shit UP. Well, he kinda reminds me of Michael Rosenbaum's version of the Flash off the early 2000s Justice League a little. So it works. Flashfoward Frank :D Or something more metal like White Lightening or whatever but still. Super speed. Also, strength because ya know, I love nothing more than a tiny hero who can kick your ass and make you like it :D
Bob Bryar - psychic visions
- Okay, wait, hear me out. I know he's the fucking man and I know he's awesome and all but think about it for a second. Bob doesn't like to be out there, ya know, in it. He's a behind the scenes guy. That's who he is. He can put on a fucking hell of a show but that wasn't his direction of choice. So, psychic ala Doyle or Cordelia on Angel but with a little extra kick. He can force a vision if he needs to, has some control and focus that your average Cassandra or Tiresias lacks but still, he's the incoming message guy. Bob's visions of giant mutant alligators crawling into the subway and attacking commuters is totally vital to the guys getting the job done! He just doesn't need to be out their getting messy to make a difference. So while the rest of the guys are out their trying not to get themselves blown up, he's playing Wii and ordering pizza for when they inevitably return to his pre-war apartment(aka Headquarters) and track monster goo across the hardwood floors.
Ray Toro - empathy/telepathy and electrical manipulation
- okay. So here's the rationale. Ray vibes to me as deeply empathetic already, like as a human being. He's just got that vibe to me, like he can, fuck, I dont know, feel deeply. I blame Disappear-verse for that. The Ray Toro over there is a seriously good guy and I'm kind of in love with him. Anyway 1001cranes
is like "electricity! IT EXPLAINS THE CRAZY HAIR!" which, omg i love. But, I still really like the empathy/telepathy but like...what the fuck is thought and emotion but electrical impulses in the brain? So what if, like, it's the difference between using surgical scissors versus a sledge hammer? You go to the hyper-delicate side of electricity and it equals being able to read the electrical impulse of thought and emotion in a human brain. You go to the brute force side and you've got a walking talking Old Sparky who can fry you alive. Scary and cool, I think that Ray might actually have the most practical power all things considered.
Fuck me running I'm gonna have fun with. But I've almost got Gee nailed down.
Gerard Way - darkness/shadow manipulation
- *bounces* I'm a little too fucking excited about this. I was talking to 1001cranes
and she pitched it to me as a direction to take Mikey but then she pointed me to Shade
who very different and yet a lot like an old favorite of mine, Ebon
from Static Shock all of which made me think of Gerard, hiding in his basement in the shadows. :D Oh, you better fucking believe it baby. Boy likes the dark. So I'm thinking...he doesn't just like it, he's part of it. Light and shade, he can manipulate it, make it solid, pull things from it and through it. *snickers* He's in essence a vampire, sticking to the night and the shadows. I just havent figured out if it's darkness itself, if it's shadows, if its a "dark" dimension with demons in it ala Shade or if its light and the absence thereof itself. It's seriously too poetic I can't not. I have to. I'm sorry. Please forgive me being trite but it's just so perfect it must be done! :D
The only one I can't figure out is Mikeyway. I'm leaning towards technopath(he isn't talking on his Sidekick, he's talking TOO it) but it's just not right. I cant figure out why but it's not. -_- Something though. There is something that's right for Mikey. I know it. I can feel it in my bones. I just haven't found it.
ETA: I FIGURED OUT MIKEY!
Mikey Way - transmutation and energy manipulation
- If Mikey can see it, he can manipulate it's molecules. He can make anything into anything else and he can infuse it with energy he's pulled from around him, which he can feel pretty much all the time because now he's tapped into the universe. But he has to be in direct eye contact with something to effect change. Re: It doesnt work through his glasses or a window or a TV screen. The only thing that would change if he was looking at something through through glass would be the lenses or panes themselves. The view has to be uninterrupted. So his glasses? Are his secret fucking identity. :D WOOT!